Cream cheese is a versatile ingredient that is commonly used in baking.
Many cake recipes include cream cheese, and one such example is the 2019 Dessert of the Year Basque Cake, which features cream cheese as the primary ingredient.
In this article, we will share with you a simple recipe for making cream cheese with just three ingredients, along with some tips and tricks to help you perfect your technique.
Not only can cream cheese be used as an ingredient in baked goods, but it is also delicious on bread, making it a great addition to your kitchen.
Furthermore, it is high in calcium, making it an excellent choice for children and seniors.
3 liters of milk
2 tablespoons of salt
1. Squeeze the juice from the lemons and strain it. Pour the milk into a pot and heat it to a temperature between 70 and 75 degrees Celsius. Turn off the heat and slowly pour in the lemon juice, stirring gently. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
2. Line a sieve with gauze and slowly strain the cheese into the sieve until all the cheese and whey are separated.
3. Cover the cheese with another layer of gauze, fill a food bag with water and press it on top of the cheese, put it in the refrigerator overnight, and chill it.
Raisin bread is a delicious accompaniment to cream cheese, and the following recipe is perfect for making at home.
300g of high-gluten flour
5g of dry yeast
40g of powdered sugar
5g of refined salt
140ml of fresh milk
25g of corn germ oil
60g of raisins
1. Soak the raisins in water until they are soft and set aside.
2. Combine the powdered sugar, yeast, and salt with the flour, mixing well.
3. Sift the dry mixture of flour and other ingredients.
4. Fix the cooking bowl under the machine, pour in the oil, and stir well with a stirring stick.
5. Add 1 egg and stir well until the mixture is fine.
6. Gradually pour the fresh milk into the mixing bowl and mix until the dough is formed.
7. During the mixing process, scrape the wet surface on the wall of the bowl twice with a rubber spatula to help the dough form faster.
8. Once the dough is ready, remove the cooking bowl and cover the top with plastic wrap for basic fermentation.
9. Let the dough ferment until it is two and a half times larger.
10. Take the dough out of the bowl and press it flat to remove the air inside.
11. Let the dough rise again for 15 minutes in a new ball.
12. Roll out the dough from the middle to the front and back with a rolling pin until it is 1 cm thick.
13. Sprinkle the soaked raisins evenly on top and press them flat with your palm.
14. Roll up the dough from one end.
15. Place the rolls face down in the toast mold.
16. Cover the mold with plastic wrap and place it in the oven at 35 degrees Celsius for the final fermentation.
17. Remove the plastic wrap when the bread bun has expanded to three times its size.
18. Spread the egg wash on the crust.
19. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and place the mold in the middle and lower rack of the oven again and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
20. Place the baked bread upside.